Monday, October 5, 2009

Looking Back on 24 Hour Comic Day


Above are some scans of the art I created over my 24 hour experience. I only managed to complete 13 pages of work, so I didn't meet the challenge. But through the magic of Photoshop I'm hoping to turn those 13 pages into a nice 20 page story in time for the Tucson Comic Con. I have come to the realization that I need the computer to create my comic art and that it is a vital tool for me to achieve success.

I met some new and cool people over my 24 hours experience at Spazdog Comics; Dave Luzader who draws fabulous stick figures, Dave Baker and Eric M Esquivel a funny pair of fellows from Modern Mythology Press, and the very sweet Angela Montgomery, who draws some really cool stuff, check out her site. In addition to the new people there was a host of old friends, Eric Mengel (Blind Mice), Daniel Davis (Monster Commute) and some of the Tiny Army Crew (their names escape me at this time), Christy "Madame M" who does some really cool and creepy stuff over at her site. There were several others there, but if I don't hear your name a thousand times I tend to forget it, sorry.

Now off to finish up this weeks Get That Chicken strip and then get back into my daily routine.

take care,

-denny!

No comments: