Saturday, January 3, 2009

Online Starts Tomorrow

I am fairly excited about the strip starting tomorrow. I worked extremely hard on Monday-Wednesday to finish up the first 4 weeks of strips. I got weeks 1-3 complete and did about half of week 4 when my computer went crazy. After spending 2 days trying to get it to work properly again, I made sure that I had backups of all my important files then reformatted the computer and started all over as if it was new. Right now I am in the middle of the massive updates that have happened over the last 2-4 years. Then it is loading up all my basic software and hardware. If all goes well I will have the strip up by my goal time of noon on Sunday. That is enough with the whining for now. Onto some fun stuff.

Today I spent the day enjoying our new light rail system and public transportation. I thought it would be fun to take my kids out on an adventure around the city. I would have to say for my first experience with public transportation, it was not to bad. I also found a pretty cool area of town that5 I plan to visit more often called Roosevelt Row. It is a small area the caters to the arts. We stopped at one shop called Made and found our Christmas cards for next year. As I am getting back into the arts and trying to find cool things to do with my family, instead of going to the theatre (I am not a movie fan), I feel this area of town will see many more visits from me in the months and years to come.

I am also looking forward to attending the Phoenix Cactus Con this year, although it does not look like I will have a table. I should be there as a fan and hopefully will sign up for a table next year.

I start back to real work on Monday, I am a mathematics teacher during the day (so if I make typos you will understand why, I am a numbers guy.)

Well that is about all for this week. I will try to post my rambling posts on Saturday night and then my strip will be posted each Sunday (by noon) and will be the only post until the next Saturday.

take care,

dennnmann

No comments: