Monday, November 29, 2010

What Am I Up Too?

I have a ton of projects in the works and feel like a circus clown doing a juggling routine. So here is a quick update on what is happening in the World of dennmann.

Get That Chicken - Just finished a 4 pager for a new zine called Normal. Will update with info on how to get a copy as soon as I know that info myself. (If you are publishing a zine or mini and would like to include a Chicken strip, hit me up and I will try my best to get something together for you.)


NaNoWriMo Competition - I knew going into this that it would be tough, but I didn't think it would be this tough. Between 2 conventions, creating a handful of comic pages and a holiday weekend - I did not get very far. However, I really enjoyed writing prose and will continue the story through until the end. My goal is to start updating with a part every Thursday until I'm done with the story. (We will see how this plays out.)

The Lollygaggin' Adventures Trade - This is the item that has probably suffered the most. I finally started to assemble it this past weekend. I'm not sure why it had taken a back burner slot in my life, but it has. I've now moved it to the front and will attempt to get it together and printed by March of 2011. Still looking for a few full color pin-ups of either the Cowboy or the Rockstar (or both) for this book. Send me a message if you are interested

The Ocho Bootleg Issue - My pal, Eric Mengel, sent out a call during the summer for some short Ocho stories. Many people agreed to do one, but never got them completed (including myself.)  I have decided to hi-jack the project and put together a bootleg issue in time for the Amazing Arizona ComicCon. (So I need the stories by January 1st.) I'm looking for either 4 page or 8 page stories to include in this book, that featuring Ocho. The stories need to be PG and if there is anything I think might be offensive, I will just black bar it out. Contact me if you have any questions.

Jenny Spookawski - I'm working on the story and characters behind the scenes. I have been sharing a little on Jenny's Twitter feed, but for the most part I have been just doing style tests. Many of the things I tried on the new Get That Chicken story, mentioned above, will be used to create this new strip. I'm very excited about this project and plan on launching the strip midway through May 2011.

MONEY (the sequel to CHEESE) - The layouts for the story are done. I plan to spend one day a month drawing them out (plus any extra Monday holiday's off from work.)  Hopefully this will be done in time for the Phoenix ComicCon.

As you can see my plate is full, but I'm having the time of my life creating comics. Looking forward to all that 2011 will bring me, but first I have to wrap up 2010.

take care,

-denny!

No comments: