Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mickey the Martian?

The other day I was watching some classic Looney Tunes Cartoons and 'Haredevil Hare' (1948) the first Marvin the Martian cartoon came on. While watching this cartoon it occurred to me that Marvin the Martian and his Dog K-9 might be parodies of Mickey Mouse and his dog Pluto.



There are some minor similarities, the gloves and color schemes stick out the most (if you ignore the green). Most Looney Tunes characters do not wear the classic animation gloves.


Their dogs are quite similar also, but that might have been how animators constructed cartoon dogs at the time.

I searched the internet to see if anyone else had come to this conclusion at some point and did not find anything on the subject. So I thought I would share my thoughts.



No comments: