Sunday, March 1, 2015

2015 - The Year in Preview

I have BIG plans for 2015, but I had to get the Kickstarter under my belt before I could start really planning.

So lets start with Cousin Harold. 2015 is set to be another BIG year for the World's Greatest Rat Detective. With 3 issues planned, there will be no shortage of Harold stories. The King-Size Mini-Comic is set to be released first this year. This book will feature to of my favorite mini-comic stories from the last couple of years as well as a new story that was written with help from my wife, daughter and son. Super excited about this issue. Issue #8 will feature an Ocho story as well as a couple more experimental pieces the Ocho story is currently running on the webcomic site.  Issue #9 will feature the story that explains what happened to Harold's ear.

Next is Jenny Spookawski. Usually her mini-comic comes out in January/February each year and this year is no different. I have plans for the next story and will probably start working on it this summer, but I'm sure it will not be completed until early next year.

Get That Chicken should get another story on Mini-Comic Day (which I believe is March 14th this year). I have some ideas of new ways to work on stories featuring the Chicken, but it has that will have to wait until the experiments that I mention with Harold to be complete and me to see how they work.

The return of Highbrow is also planned for this year. As I take a bunch of pages that I have drawn featuring the character and work them into a nice little story. Highbrow - Lost and found should be out by years end and will be a book 15-20 years in the making, a collaboration between myself and the 20-something me. Should be a lot of fun.

I'm also working on 2 other projects. The first is The Infamous Space Mummy hopefully to be published first digitally through the Comique app (the goal is summer 2015), then as a mini-comic (probably in 2016).  The Second is a secret project that I hope to have drawn by the end of this year and then get my comic friends to help me ink it in early 2016.

So as you can see the year is packed with projects and prep for next year. I also have a handful of shows planned for this year.

April - T.A.P.E.
May - Phoenix Comicon
June - Amazing Las Vegas 
July - SDCC - (Drawing at the Cartoon Art Museum's booth)
November - Tucson Comic Con

I'm also sure that other things will come up throughout the year (both appearances and mini-comics).

Here's to an AWESOME Year!!!!

-denny

No comments: