Saturday, August 9, 2008

BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo (A quick mention)

It is nice to see that Viz has started to release this series again. In 2005 they released an issue of this title without a number (which I believe actually reprints the Japanese volume #9.) I enjoyed this original release, and enjoyed the anime when I had time to watch it on Cartoon Network. This new release is marked with a volume #1 (but I believe it is actually the Japanese Volume #11) and appears to recap the a story from the Cartoon Network airing of the anime. I still found the book fun, but wonder why Viz is not releasing the series in it's original Japanese order. Is the manga business really hurting this bad that they are now forced to pick and choose which volume of a series they will release, instead of releasing the whole series. I would recommend picking up either of these books for people who like crazy comics similar to Ambush Bug & Heckler. (Cover for the BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo Volume #1 pictured below)


take care,

dennmann

No comments: