Sunday, October 30, 2016

Back on the Grind

Out here on the southside of Peoria, AZ the weather is still hot, but that is not stopping me from producing. Comics, Toys - Toy, Comics - I don't ever stop (even when I claim I'm not working).

- -- This past weekend I tabled at the 1st Annual PHX Zine Fest and had a great time. I was shocked at the amount of books that I moved and how the majority of people that came to my table had books in their hands. Super Cool Vibes from all venders and attendees. I'm looking forward to doing this show again next year.
A Cousin Harold mini-comic that I put together for the PHX Zine Fest and gave out FREE with all purchases. I ran out about half way throught the day (it was a Good Day!)
My tables is to the right in this picture. I seriously hand a good time. My wife even pointed out that I came home with a much better attitude than the last couple of shows that I have done.

My friend Lorenzo films his adventures around Phoenix and today he stopped by the PHX Zine Fest and did some filming. He even caught a bit of my interview for a ASU Student's project. 

- -- Okay, I told you I was working on comics. Space Monstas is coming, slowly but surely. This book is quite different from what I have created in the past. It's coming along nicely and I'm really proud of this work. I cannot wait for it to be available for you to read and enjoy.
- -- The Tucson Comic Con is this coming weekend and I will be there. I will be in their Independent Press area IP-2. I will have my latest comics and figures included the brand new Vinny Vampire figure (limited to 13). I also believe I'm on the Toy Making Panel, Sunday 11:30am-12:20pm in the Cochise Room. Look forward to seeing you there.
- -- Comic of the Week, Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye #1. I'm really enjoying these Young Animal books. Cave Carson I think hints at many of the plans for the future of the Young Animal line of books. I really enjoyed the Metal Men cameo and hope that there is a Metal Men book planned in the near future.
Okay that is all for this week. I hope to have a couple of Space Monstas pages to share soon, but until then - Take Care of Yourself and be Good to Each Other.

-denny!



No comments: