Sunday, December 4, 2016

Wrapping Up 2016

Out here on the west side of town, I type this in my bedroom on the south-side of Peoria. At this point I'm wrapping up my 2016 projects as I plan my 2017 project. I'm a little behind, but I should finish everything I planned before the end of the year.

- -- Today I'm putting the finishing touched on the 1st Space Monstas comic. I had hoped to have this finished in October and run a Kickstarter for Space Monstas products, but that just did not happen. So I'm putting out a very limited edition version for The dennmann 2016 Subscription Kickstarter backers and planning the big 2017 launch. Below is the cover for the limited edition version.
The Space Monstas series (comics, toys, cards and t-shirts) has really recharged me. One of my big plans for 2017 involves this series. More info to come in the last post of the year.
- -- Had a GREAT time at this year's DesignerCon (though I wish I had a table). Had a great talk with the Sucklord (one of my idols in the toy game). He had some nice comments about me toys when I showed them to him. I gave him a Cousin Harold mini-comic, which he also complimented. Picked up a couple of his figures, wish I had the money for more of them.
My Savior 7000 figure was for sale at the DKE booth during the show. I think there are some left, hit up Dov with DKE Toys if you are interested in picking one up. It was an honor to be on display next to many of the other figures that I have been collecting.
- -- My picture was in the newest issue of Echo Magazine. I think this is a freebie magazine that is available at local coffee shops. This reminded me of the great time I had at this year's PHX Zine Fest. I cannot wait for next year. (I do not have a copy of this magazine yet. The picture was shared with me by a friend.)

- -- Also wrapping up Cousin Harold 11 this week. Wish I had a cover to share with you at this point, but I still cannot decide what to do with it. I'm sure I will figure it out before I have to send it off to the printer.
- -- Comic of the week, 2001 a Space Odyssey #10 by Jack Kirby (featuring Machine Man). I have been looking for a copy of this book for a year and have not been able to locate it until now (or at least a copy that does not have the white from the back cover rolled onto the front cover). Those that know me know that I'ma huge Kirby fan. I have been wrapping up my collection of his late 70's Marvel work. I think I have all of the interior work. Now onto Kamandi.

Well that is about it for now. I'm sure I will be back next week with more info on Cousin Harold 11.
Until then, Take Care!

-denny

No comments: