Friday, April 10, 2020

Making a New Figure Part 4

Time to Paint! Below is a picture of all the paints I used to paint this figure.


From left to right: Rust-oleum Flat Gray Primer, Liquitex Basics Silver, DecoArt Americana Cinnamon Drop, DecoArt Americana Lamp (Ebony) Black, FolkArt Metallic 506 Silver Anniversary, Citadel Shade Nuln Oil and Tamiya Color X-7 Red. And for my glue I use Gorilla Super Glue Gel.


I start with the Primer. I like the Flat Gray (or a Flat Black).


I then start by painting any under coats. In the case of this figure I wanted a Silver to show through the black on the body.


Then it hit all the piece with the base colors. At this stage I'm a little sloppy, but not messy. I try to get the feel of the colors to make sure that they work together and see if I need anything different than what I planned. 


I then glue the figures together and put on the wash coat, which in this figures case was done with the Citadel Shade paint. After the figure dries I will hit the figure over with a final layer in most places, sometime I like the way the wash worked, and will not repaint sections, sometimes I will repaint pieces that I washed. Touch ups usually take another day after the final layer.



Then I have the final figure. Still don't have a name for this guy, probably will come up with it when I work up the header card in the next Post.

No comments: