Monday, July 11, 2016

Where?

Where did the time go? It's been 2 weeks since I posted a newsletter update. I have been really busy making comics and wrapping up the summer day job. Much has happened in those 2 weeks.
- -- The Comics Never Stop SDCC Edition has been published. We have printed over 3000 of these papers to hand out. Most will be handed out in the Gaslamp District before and after the San Diego Comic Con each day. Some will make it to the normal stops in Arizona this coming weekend. If you cannot find one you can always stop by Small Press M11 and M12 if you are at the San Diego Comic Con and ask for a copy.
- -- Last newsletter I shared a few of the strips that are in the paper. Above are some of the others. The paper looks awesome. I hope you can get yourself a copy.
- -- Today I wrapped up strips for Cousin Harold 10 and sent the book off to the printers. If all goes well I should have copies at SDCC for sale and will be sending Kickstarter packs out the Monday before I leave for the convention. Cover pictured above. This issue features a 28 page story. While I had fun writing a longer piece. I think I enjoy writing the smaller pieces more. I have some plans to try something that mixes the two ideas for a storyline that will be running in issues 12-14. More information on this when I start working on that story.
- -- Making an Ashcan Variant Edition of the Space Mummy resin figure to sell at SDCC these will be limited to 13 and will be priced at $40 each. I will also have the regular edition of the Space Mummy figure available for $30 at the convention.

- -- Comic of the week - So many good ones.- I would have to say it was Tobudasai by Laurent Romero. Part Toriyama/Part Aragones all fun. I really enjoyed this book quite a bit.

Okay I should be back Sunday morning with a little more information about the San Diego Comic Con, until then Take Care!

-denny

No comments: