Sunday, March 20, 2016

Funded

The west valley has been kind of HOT! Today is only the first day of spring, but it feels like summer has been here for weeks. Good thing I spend most of my time inside either drawing, working or at the gym.

- -- Probably the biggest new for the week is that my Kickstarter was Fully Funded (and is over). This thing stresses me out every year and I was already stressed this year due to personal issues(compound stess is not fun). Glad to have 19 people aboard for the year. It always makes me happy to pack up my books a couple times a year and send them out to people. Thanx to everyone for their support, from the backers to those who retweeted and shared. I appreciate all that you have done for me.

- -- Most of this week was spent working on strips that will be Cousin Harold 10. I'm a good month a head on strips now. The storyline starts on Monday over at the Cousin Harold site.
- -- On Friday I started working on designs for the Cousin Harold Free Comic Book Day Special. I wrote the story Tuesday morning and it might be the best story I have written (at least it's my new favorite). On Saturday I started drawing this story and should have it finished with in the week (the cover *above* and a page & a half have been completed so far).

Free Comic Book Day is the first Saturday in May every year. If you need to find a location near you check out this store locator. My book will only be available at my Arizona appearances (more info on them coming soon).
- -- The comic of the week is a Hardcover OGN, The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye by Sonny Liew. The story is about a fake comic history of Singapore wrapped around the real political history of Singapore. Amazing Work!

That's all for this week.

Take Care,

-denny

No comments: