Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Making My Own Bikkuriman Sticker



I discovered Bikkuriman stickers in late 2017 at DesignerCon
and thought I would make my own.


So I quickly designed one for the Space Mummy of Space Monstas.


But when I printed it out on the shiny sticker paper, many of the images did not come out and this paper was not cheap. How do I solve this problem? I sat on it for a while until about 
a year later...


The above post appeared on Instagram

Was it really that simple. The stickers were actually created on different layers and then assembled. I quickly got to work and print my image on clear sticky back paper which I then stuck to the shiny paper. I had done it. I had created my own Bikkuriman stickers on my kitchen table, where I make most of my comics, figures, etc.


 I think they turned out pretty cool, if I do say so myself.


I'm a big believer in the DIY way of doing things. I'm always super proud when I can make something that is probably really suppose to be created by a machine. I hope this inspires you to go out and make something.

Thank you for reading,

 -denny

No comments: